In many application blower is the heart of the system. So breakdown
maintainance of blower is very costly affair as it may amount to huge
For critical application we recommend to have spare blower in
line with damper settings so that by closing the blower1 damper and
opening the blower2 damper complete system breakdown time gets reduced.
Tips for Preventive
Maintenance of Industrial Air Blowers
In addition to the points given above there are few more preventive
maintenance checks for BELT DRIVEN BLOWER as listed below
- Ensure that motor mounting and impeller locking bolts are
- Check impeller balancing is accurate. (Start & stop the
blower. You will observe impeller rotation speed is slowly reducing. If
impeller is well balanced it will slowly come to rest. If there is any
unbalance impeller will go forth or backward just before coming to
rest.) If dynamic balancing is not proper then there will be undue
vibrations while running.
- In many applications over the period of running dust gets
accumulated on the impeller. Impeller balancing is dusturbed
because of dust accumulation. Impeller needs to be cleansed to attaing
proper balancing. Centrifugal blowers are provided with
maintenance window on the casing. Impeller can be periodicaly cleaned
through this window.
record of current, noise and vibration when the blower is running
satisfactorily. Periodicaly repeat the exercise. Any deviation in
currnet, noise and vibration is indication of posible breakdown in
future. Maintenance person needs to troubleshoot the problem to prevent
breakdown/ accident in future.
- Periodicaly do the greasing of the bearings.
- Periodicaly check for belt pulley allignment.
- Check that bolts of plummer block and pulley are properly
- Ensure that bearing sleeves is tightened properly on the
shaft. There should be no relative motion between shaft and sleeve.